As you can imagine, “what I eat” is usually a popular question I get asked all the time and rightfully so! I do my best to lead a healthy lifestyle but I will admit that I have cheat meals and slip sometimes trying to stick to my nutritional plan, but hey, who hasn’t right! I am not perfect and am learning everyday about the proper nutrients needed to get me through my day. I have come to notice that my mood is so different when I eat clean and my performance better. One of the biggest plus sides; I recover from workouts more efficiently after eating clean, so I make sure to get the freshest, most organic foods I can.
Here is a little of what you will find me eating on a daily basis. I want to get you thinking about what you put in your body and how it will affect you so ask away if you have any questions I will get back to you in no time!
1. SMART BITES TO GO; this service is the best out there! They deliver fresh, portion-controlled meals to my door everyday. Clean, flawless and specifically designed to maximize my health and performance. I get animal proteins to everything green like collards, spinach and my favorite, kale!
2. Bob’s Red Mill- Rolled Oats and Steel Cut Oats Great to start off the day and get you full and ready for an early morning workout!
3.Ground Flaxseeds flaxseed is an excellent source of essential fats. Blend it with your morning shake or smoothie
4. Maca powder Mix 1 teaspoon of Maca powder with 8 to 16 oz of water or your favorite beverage. Its all about endurance with this.
5. Probiotic Acidophilus These “germs” are good for you; these fight infection and enhance your immunity.
6. Barleans Flax and Fish oils These will give you a full spectrum of essential fatty acids.
7. Coconut oil A little spoon full in the morning with breakfast will carry you through all day helping in proper digestion and metabolism
8. Assorted teas- Green, White, Yerbe Mate I drink about 6L of water a day, but sometimes I need a little something different.
9. Sea Salt Just a pinch of this a day helps your immune system.
10. Ezekiel Bread Contains no flour, its ingredients include four beans and four grains an excellent protein source I will update you in the next few days with what I have pre & post workout and also a few tips on ordering at a restaurant and what I do not to over indulge. This is all about interaction so I would really enjoy hearing your comments and thoughts.
Live the Strongest,